Two new Bollywood movies release in Chicago area theaters on October 5, 2018. First up is Andhadhun, a thriller with a dynamite cast that includes Ayushmann Khurrana, Radhika Apte, and Tabu.
The weekend’s other new release is Loveyatri, which was called Loveratri until a couple of weeks ago. It marks the film debuts of Warina Husssain and Salman Khan’s brother-in-law.
Loveyatri opens Friday at all three of the above theaters. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 20 min.
After a good opening weekend, Sui Dhaaga: Made in India carries over for a second week at all three of the above theaters, plus the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, AMC Showplace Niles 12 in Niles, Regal Round Lake Beach Stadium 18 in Round Lake Beach, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, AMC Showplace Naperville 16 in Naperville, and AMC Loews Woodridge 18 in Woodridge.
The South Barrington 24 holds onto Stree and Batti Gul Meter Chalu, while MovieMax allots Pataakha two showings over the weekend.
On Thursday, October 11, director Vishal Bhardwaj will be in Chicago for a screening and panel discussion of his brilliant Hamlet adaptation Haider as part of the Chicago International Film Festival. The screening starts at 4:30 p.m., and tickets are just $8.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Nota (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge; also in Tamil w/English subs at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- 96 (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Devadas (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, Stratford Square, Cantera 17, and Seven Bridges
- Chekka Chivantha Vaanam (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, and Seven Bridges
- Afsar (Punjabi), Ratsasan (Tamil), Take Care Good Night (Marathi), Varathan (Malayalam), Pariyerum Perumal (Tamil), and Sarkari Hiriya Prathamika Shaale (Kannada) at MovieMax