One new Hindi film gets a very limited release in the Chicago area on September 23, 2016. The musical romance Banjo stars Riteish Deshmukh and Nagris Fakhri.
Banjo opens on Friday at the AMC South Barrington 30 in South Barrington. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 21 min.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend include:
- Majnu (Telugu) at MovieMax, Muvico Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Jyo Achyutananda (Telugu w/no subtitles) at MovieMax, Seven Bridges, and the Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- Thodari (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Janatha Garage (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Stratford Square
- Aandavan Kattalai (Tamil), Iru Mugan (Tamil w/no subtitles), Oozham (Malayalam), Actor In Law (Urdu), and Janaan (Urdu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax