With War on the horizon, no new Hindi movies open in the Chicago area on Friday, September 27, 2019. Many local theaters haven’t finalized their Wednesday schedules yet, but it looks like the Hrithik Roshan-Tiger Shroff action extravaganza is getting a huge local release, including in some theaters that don’t normally carry Bollywood movies. I’ll post another theater update early next week, before War‘s official release on October 2.
Despite a disappointing opening weekend, The Zoya Factor gets a second week at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Regal Cantera in Warrenville, and AMC Naperville 16 in Naperville.
Another dud from last weekend — Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas — holds over at the South Barrington 24, Cantera, and MovieMax, which also hangs onto Prassthanam.
Still going strong, Dream Girl gets a third week at the River East 21, MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera. All four theaters also carry over Chhichhore, as does the Naperville 16.
Mission Mangal gets a seventh week at the AMC Woodridge 18 in Woodridge.
As a reminder, after its theatrical run, Prassthanam heads to Amazon Prime; Zee5 has the streaming rights to Dream Girl and Pal Pal Dil Ke Paas (probably); and Hotstar gets Mission Mangal, Chhichhore, and The Zoya Factor.
Other Indian movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Valmiki (Telugu) at MovieMax, Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Gang Leader (Telugu) at Century 16 Deer Park, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- Kaapaan (Tamil) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Nikka Zaildar 3 (Punjabi) at the South Barrington 24
- Ganagandharvan (Malayalam) Namma Veetu Pillai (Tamil), Ninnu Thalachi (Telugu), Porinju Mariam Jose (Malayalam), Oththa Seruppu Size 7 (Tamil), Love Action Drama (Malayalam), and Ittymaani: Made in China (Malayalam) at MovieMax