Two new Hindi films open in Chicago area theaters the weekend beginning January 24, 2020. Bareilly Ki Barfi director Ashwiny Iyer Tiwari returns with the kabbadi drama Panga, starring Kangana Ranaut, Jassi Gill, and Richa Chadda.
Panga opens Friday at MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, Regal Cantera in Warrenville, and AMC Naperville 16 in Naperville. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 11 min. Its streaming partner is Hotstar.
Also new this weekend is Street Dancer 3 (as it’s being called here; in India it’s Street Dancer 3D). It was originally planned as a sequel to ABCD 2 before changing production houses. Thus, Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor return for Street Dancer 3, but as different characters.
Street Dancer 3 opens Friday at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Cantera, AMC River East 21 in Chicago, AMC Niles 12 in Niles, AMC Dine-In Rosemont 12 in Rosemont, and AMC Woodridge 18 in Woodridge. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 25 min. Its streaming partner is Amazon Prime.
Tanhaji: The Unsung Warrior carries over for a third week at MovieMax, Niles 12, South Barrington 24, Cantera, Naperville 16, and Woodridge 18.
Chhapaak also gets a third week at MovieMax, while the South Barrington 24 holds over Good Newwz for a fifth week.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Disco Raja (Telugu) at MovieMax, Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, Classic Cinemas Charlestowne 18 in St. Charles, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Ala Vaikuntapurramuloo (Telugu) at Deer Park, MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Stratford Square, Charlestowne 18, and Seven Bridges
- Sarileru Neekevvaru (Telugu) at Deer Park, MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Cantera, and Seven Bridges
- Darbar (Tamil) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Shylock (Malayalam), Anjaam Pathiraa (Malayalam), Psycho (Tamil), and Big Brother (Malayalam) at MovieMax