Two new Hindi movies hit Chicago area theaters on July 26, 2019. First up is the romantic comedy Arjun Patiala, starring Diljit Dosanjh and Kriti Sanon.
Kangana Ranaut and Rajkummar Rao play antagonists in the weekend’s other new release, Judgementall Hai Kya. The psychological black comedy opens Friday at all three of the above theaters and has a runtime of 2 hrs. 2 min.
Super 30 carries over for a third week at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Cantera, AMC River East 21 in Chicago, AMC Niles 12 in Niles, AMC Naperville 16 in Naperville, and AMC Woodridge 18 in Woodridge.
Article 15 and Kabir Singh both hold over at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24.
Other Indian movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Dear Comrade (Telugu) at Studio Movie Grill Chatham in Chicago, Century 12 Evanston in Evanston, Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- iSmart Shankar (Telugu) and Oh Baby (Telugu) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Girlfriend (Marathi) at Cantera
- Chal Mera Putt (Punjabi) at Stratford Square
- Ardaas Karaan (Punjabi) at the South Barrington 24
- Luca (Malayalam), A1: Accused No. 1 (Tamil), Kadaram Kondan (Tamil), and Pathinettam Padi (Malayalam) at MovieMax