With PM Narendra Modi pulled from the schedule at the last minute over concerns for the potential to influence Indian elections, the only new Hindi film opening in Chicago area theaters on April 12, 2019, is The Tashkent Files — a thriller about the death of former Indian Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri starring Naseeruddin Shah and Mithun Chakraborty.
Romeo Akbar Walter gets a second week at all three of the above theaters. MovieMax also holds over Kesari.
Other Indian and Pakistani movies showing in Chicago area theaters (all films have English subtitles):
- Chitralahari (Telugu) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Majili (Telugu) at MovieMax, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- Sherdil (Urdu) at South Barrington 24 and Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville
- Madhura Raja (Malayalam) at South Barrington 24 and Seven Bridges
- Manje Bistre 2 (Punjabi) at Stratford Square
- Lucifer (Malayalam) at South Barrington 24 and AMC Niles 12 in Niles
- Wedding Cha Shinema (Marathi), Kavacha (Kannada), Gangs of Madras (Tamil), Mera Naam Shaji (Malayalam), Uriyadi 2 (Tamil), Prema Katha Chitram 2 (Telugu), and Super Deluxe (Tamil) at MovieMax