Two new Hindi movies open in the Chicago area on Thursday, August 15, 2019, on the occasion of Indian Independence Day (with additional theaters carrying the movies starting Friday). The bigger release of the two is Mission Mangal, a space drama starring Vidya Balan, Taapsee Pannu, Sonakshi Sinha, and Akshay Kumar.
Mission Mangal opens Thursday at the Regal Round Lake Beach in Round Lake Beach, MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, Regal Cantera in Warrenville, AMC Naperville 16 in Naperville, and AMC Woodridge 18 in Woodridge. On Friday, Mission Mangal opens at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, and Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 7 min.
The other new holiday release is John Abraham’s crime drama Batla House.
Batla House opens on Thursday at MovieMax, and it expands on Friday to the River East 21 and South Barrington 24. It has a listed runtime of 2 hr. 26 min.
Jabariya Jodi gets a second weekend at MovieMax and South Barrington 24.
Other Indian and Pakistani movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Evaru (Telugu) at MovieMax, Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Ranarangam (Telugu) at MovieMax, Seven Bridges, and Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- Nerkonda Paarvai (Tamil) at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24
- Parey Hut Love (Urdu) and Superstar (Urdu) at the South Barrington 24
- Ambili (Malayalam), Comali (Tamil), Manmadhudu 2 (Telugu), Kalki (Malayalam), Kolaiyuthir Kaalam (Tamil), and Thanneer Mathan Dinangal (Malayalam) at MovieMax