I updated my list of Bollywood movies on Netflix with upcoming expiration dates for a bunch of films from Shah Rukh Khan’s production house, Red Chillies Entertainment:
- Chamatkar (1992) — expires May 15
- Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa (1994) — expires May 15
- Ram Jaane (1995) — expires May 15
- Raees (2017) — expires May 26
- Aashik Awara (1993) — expires June 1
- Chaahat (1996) — expires June 1
- English Babu Desi Mem (1996) — expires June 1
- Maya Memsaab (1992) — expires June 1
- Oh Darling Yeh Hai India (1995) — expires June 1
- Prince (1969) — expires June 1
- Qila (1998) — expires June 1
Other titles like Dear Zindagi have also expired in recent weeks, but I don’t think this necessarily means that Netflix’s deal with Red Chillies is done for good and that the films are headed to another streaming service. Chennai Express returned to Netflix in August 2021, and Yodha and two other titles returned in January of this year. This could just be a reset before the start of a new streaming contract. However, there’s no guarantee that the above titles will return to Netflix, or that they will return quickly if they do, so prioritize watching them if you’re so inclined.
Last week, Netflix added a pair of Hindi movies, including Radhe Shyam and the Original film Thar, which is really good. The Tamil action flick Beast — starring Vijay and Pooja Hegde — debuts on Netflix May 10 (in the afternoon in the US). And Netflix recently moved Masaba Masaba into the “Worth the Wait” row on their New & Popular page, joining She. No Season 2 release dates for either series yet, though.
I also updated my list of Bollywood movies on Amazon Prime with a bunch of additions in the last week:
- Galwakdi (2022/Punjabi)
- Guna (1991/Tamil)
- Chinni (2022/Telugu)
- Saani Kaayidham (2022/Malayalam)
- Saani Kaayidham (2022/Malayalam, Ultra HD)
- Saani Kaayidham (2022/Tamil)
- Saani Kaayidham (2022/Tamil, Ultra HD)
- Man of the Match (2022/Kannada)
- Man of the Match (2022/Kannada, Ultra HD)
The Amazon Original anthology series Modern Love: Mumbai premieres in the afternoon on Thursday, May 12.
Finally, I updated my list of Bollywood movies on Hulu with the debut of the Hotstar Special Hindi series Home Shanti, which is also available in Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu.
[Disclaimer: my Amazon links include an affiliate tag, and I may earn a commission on purchases made via those links. Thanks for helping to support this website!]