With two big movies coming out January 25 — Raees and Kaabil — there are no new Hindi films opening in Chicago area theaters on Friday, January 20, 2017. At the time of this writing, the only theaters with confirmed Wednesday showtimes for Raees and Kaabil are MovieMax Cinemas in Niles and the AMC South Barrington 30 in South Barrington, though certainly that will change in the coming days.
Last weekend’s unpopular new release, OK Jaanu, sticks around at MovieMax, South Barrington 30, and Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville. Tuesday is the last day for OK Jaanu at the South Barrington 30 and Cantera 17, and it shifts to one showing per day — at 11:15 p.m. — at MovieMax starting Wednesday.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Sathamanam Bhavati (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Muvico Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Khaidi No. 150 (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Seven Bridges, and Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- Gautamiputra Satakarni (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Sarvann (Punjabi w/English subtitles) at Stratford Square
- Pushpaka Vimana (Kannada), Dhuruvangal Pathinaaru: D16 (Tamil), and Bairavaa (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax