Three new Hindi movies join a crowded field of Indian movies in Chicago area theaters the weekend beginning September 8, 2017. First up is the vasectomy-themed comedy Poster Boys, starring Bobby & Sunny Deol and Shreyas Talpade, who directed the film.
Poster Boys opens Friday at MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, and Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville. It is rated PG-13 and has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 9 min.
New on Friday at MovieMax and South Barrington 24 is the crime drama Daddy, starring Arjun Rampal, who also co-wrote and produced the movie. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 3 min.
Also new on Friday at the South Barrington 24 is the black comedy Lipstick Under My Burkha, famously branded as too “lady oriented” by India’s conservative censor board. It has a runtime of 1 hr. 56 min.
MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera 17 all carry over Shubh Mangal Saavdhan, Bareilly Ki Barfi, Toilet: Ek Prem Katha, and Baadshaho, which also gets a second week at the AMC Loews Woodridge 18 in Woodridge. MovieMax holds over A Gentleman, but only on weekdays.
Other Indian and Pakistani movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Yuddham Sharanam (Telugu) at the AMC Dine-In Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Meda Meeda Abbayi (Telugu) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, and Seven Bridges
- Arjun Reddy (Telugu) at MovieMax, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- Punjab Nahin Jaoungi (Urdu w/English subtitles) at the South Barrington 24, Stratford Square, and Cantera 17
- Fidaa (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Stratford Square
- Adam Joan (Malayalam), Operation Alamelamma (Kannada), Neruppu Da (Tamil), Katha Nayagan (Tamil), Kurangu Bommai (Tamil), and Anando Brahma (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax