The great Rani Mukerji is back with the drama Hichki (“Hiccup“), in which she plays a teacher with Tourette Syndrome. Rani recently did a video interview with Brad Cohen, whose own experience as a teacher with Tourette’s — chronicled in his book, Front of the Class — inspired the movie. It’s worth checking out.
Hichki opens in the Chicago area on Friday, March 23, 2018, at MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, and Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville. It has a listed runtime of just 1 hr. 46 min.
Raid gets a second week at all three of the above theaters. The South Barrington 24 carries over Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety, while MovieMax hangs on to Pari and Padmaavat.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Needhi Naadhi Oke Katha (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Cantera 17, AMC Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Rajaratha (Kannada w/English subtitles) and its Telugu version Rajaratham (w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- MLA (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, and Seven Bridges
- Kirrak Party (Telugu w/English subtitles) at Rosemont 18, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- Naachiyaar (Tamil) and the Malayalam movies Poomaram, Aami, and Mayaanadhi at MovieMax