Just one new Hindi movie opens in the Chicago area on August 2, 2019. Sonakshi Sinha runs a fertility clinic in the comedy Khandaani Shafakhana.
The South Barrington 24 and MovieMax Cinemas in Niles hold over last weekend’s new releases Arjun Patiala and Judgementall Hai Kya, which also gets a second week at Cantera.
All three of the above theaters give a fourth week to Super 30, as do the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, AMC Niles 12 in Niles, AMC Naperville 16 in Naperville, and AMC Woodridge 18 in Woodridge. Kabir Singh gets a seventh week at MovieMax.
Other Indian movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Rakshasudu (Telugu) at MovieMax, Cantera, and Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison
- Dear Comrade (Telugu) at Studio Movie Grill Chatham in Chicago, Century 12 Evanston in Evanston, Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Oh Baby (Telugu) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Ardaas Karaan (Punjabi) at the South Barrington 24
- Chal Mera Putt (Punjabi) at Stratford Square
- Sikander 2 (Punjabi), Jackpot (Tamil), Guna 369 (Telugu), Sathyam Paranja Viswasikkuvo (Malayalam), Mahira (Kannada), Janamaithri (Malayalam), iSmart Shankar (Telugu), and Luca (Malayalam) at MovieMax