The first new Hindi films of 2019 hit Chicago area theaters on January 11. The military drama Uri — starring Vicky Kaushal — gets the wider release of the two.
Uri opens Friday at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville, and AMC Woodridge 18 in Woodridge. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs 7 min.
Also new this weekend is The Accidental Prime Minister, starring Anupam Kher as former Indian PM Manmohan Singh.
The Accidental Prime Minister opens Friday at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24. It has a listed runtime of 1 hr. 50 min.
Simmba carries over for a third week at the River East 21, MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Cantera 17, Woodridge 18, AMC Niles 12 in Niles, AMC Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, and AMC Naperville 16 in Naperville.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Petta (Tamil and Telugu, both w/English subtitles) at the River East 21, MovieMax, Niles 12, South Barrington 24, Marcus Addison, Cantera 17, Naperville 16, Century 16 Deer Park (Tamil only), Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, Cinemark Tinseltown USA in North Aurora (Tamil only), and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- NTR: Kathanayakudu (Telugu w/English subtitles) at Century 16 Deer Park, MovieMax, Marcus Addison, Stratford Square, Cantera 17, and Seven Bridges
- Vinaya Vidheya Rama (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- Viswasam (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Seven Bridges
- F2 – Fun and Frustration (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- Njan Prakashan (Malayalam) at MovieMax