Two intriguing new Hindi movies open in Chicago area theaters on September 28, 2018. The Yash Raj Films comedy-drama Sui Dhaaga: Made in India stars Anushka Sharma and Varun Dhawan and is directed by Dum Laga Ke Haisha‘s Sharat Katariya.
Sui Dhaaga opens Friday at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC Showplace Niles 12 in Niles, Regal Round Lake Beach Stadium 18 in Round Lake Beach, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville, AMC Showplace Naperville 16 in Naperville, and AMC Loews Woodridge 18 in Woodridge. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 30 min.
Pataakha opens Friday at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera 17. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 14 min.
Batti Gul Meter Chalu gets a second week at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera 17. The South Barrington 24 and Cantera 17 both hold onto Manmarziyaan, while Stree gets a fifth week at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Devadas (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, Stratford Square, Cantera 17, Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge, and Marcus Chicago Heights Cinema in Chicago Heights
- Chekka Chivantha Vaanam (Tamil w/English subtitles) and Nawab (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, and Seven Bridges
- Nannu Dochukunduvate (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Stratford Square
- U Turn (Telugu w/English subtitles) at Stratford Square
- Varathan (Malayalam), Pariyerum Perumal (Tamil), Sarkari Hiriya Prathamika Shaale (Kannada), Saamy Square (Tamil), and Theevandi (Malayalam) at MovieMax