Two new Bollywood films get limited releases in Chicago area theaters on September 7, 2018. The historical war drama Paltan features an ensemble cast that includes Arjun Rampal, Jackie Shroff, and Sonu Sood.
Also opening Friday at MovieMax is the romance Laila Majnu, with a screenplay by Imtiaz Ali.
After a good opening weekend in North America, Stree carries over at the South Barrington 24 and Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville. Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se also gets a second week at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24.
Happy Phirr Bhag Jayegi sticks around a third week at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24, which holds over Gold and Satyameva Jayate as well.
Other Indian, Pakistani, and Bengali movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Manu (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale,and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- C/o Kancharapalem (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Stratford Square, and Cantera 17
- Jawani Phir Nahi Ani 2 (Urdu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera 17
- Parwaaz Hai Junoon (Urdu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Stratford Square
- Geetha Govindam (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Stratford Square, and Seven Bridges
- Mar Gaye Oye Loko (Punjabi w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Stratford Square
- Ranam (Malayalam), Premaku Raincheck (Telugu), Silly Fellows (Telugu), Vanjagar Ulagam (Tamil), Swapnajaal (Bengali), Savita Damodar Paranjape (Marathi), Naagarahaavu (Kannada), Maradona (Malayalam), Imaikkaa Nodigal (Tamil), and Kolamavu Kokila (Tamil) at MovieMax