Absent competition from any new Bollywood releases, Judwaa 2 led the North American box office for a third straight weekend. From October 13-15, 2017, the comedy reboot earned $101,341 from 125 theaters ($811 average), becoming just the fifth Hindi film of the year to earn more than $100,000 in its third weekend of release. Its current total of $1,392,946 ranks Judwaa 2 in ninth place for the year.
Another bit of happy news (on a much more modest scale) is that Bareilly Ki Barfi posted the highest ninth-weekend earnings of the year, by a long shot. The $1,409 the romantic comedy earned from two theaters ($705 average) beat out Baahubali 2‘s Weekend 9 earnings of $726 from three theaters and Toilet: Ek Prem Katha‘s $120 from one theater — quite the feat for a movie whose widest release was 44 theaters! Bareilly Ki Barfi‘s total stands at $572,298.
Chef fared poorly in its second weekend in North America, earning $10,920 from 23 theaters ($475 average), bringing its total to $91,878.
Other Hindi movies still showing in the United States:
- Shubh Mangal Saavdhan: Week 7; $819 from one theater; $629,427 total
- Simran: Week 5; $505 from one theater; $405,394 total
- Tu Hai Mera Sunday: Week 2; $441 from five theaters; $88 average; $4,694 total
- Bhoomi: Week 4; $374 from two theaters; $187 average; $72,297 total
- Toilet — Ek Prem Katha: Week 10; $53 from one theater; $1872,300 total