Two more Hindi films join the already crowded Chicago theatrical market on September 15, 2017. Kangana Ranaut’s Simran — which was filmed in Atlanta — gets the wider release.
Simran opens Friday at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville, and AMC Loews Woodridge 18 in Woodridge. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 6 min.
Also new this weekend is the prison break thriller Lucknow Central, starring Farhan Akhtar.
Lucknow Central opens Friday at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera 17. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 13 min.
Baadshaho gets a third weekend at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera 17. Poster Boys gets a second week at the South Barrington 24 and MovieMax, which also holds over Daddy. Shubh Mangal Saavdhan and Bareilly Ki Barfi carry over at the Cantera 17 and South Barrington 24, which also holds over Toilet: Ek Prem Katha.
Other Indian and Pakistani movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Kathalo Rajakumari (Telugu) and Thupparivaalan (Tamil) at MovieMax and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Yuddham Sharanam (Telugu) and Arjun Reddy (Telugu) at Seven Bridges and Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- Punjab Nahin Jaoungi (Urdu w/English subtitles) at the South Barrington 24, Stratford Square, and Cantera 17
- Mugulu Nage (Kannada), Magalir Mattum (Tamil), SriValli (Telugu), Ungarala Rambabu (Telugu), and Adam Joan (Malayalam) at MovieMax
- Tickets are already on sale for Jai Lava Kusa (Telugu), opening Wednesday, September 20 at MovieMax, Stratford Square, Seven Bridges, and the AMC Dine-In Rosemont 18 in Rosemont