Another Bollywood biopic comes to Chicago area theaters on May 20, 2016. In Sarbjit, Randeep Hooda plays an Indian farmer imprisoned for accidentally crossing the border into Pakistan. The story is told from the perspective of the main character’s sister, played by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Sarbjit opens on Friday at MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 30 in South Barrington, and Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 25 min.
All three of the above theaters give a second week to the sports biopic Azhar. The South Barrington 30 also carries over Baaghi and Fan, while MovieMax holds over 1920 London.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Brahmotsavam (Telugu) at MovieMax, Muvico Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge, and Carmike Lansing Cinema 8 in Lansing
- 24 (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Seven Bridges, and Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- 24 (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Stratford Square
- U Turn (Kannada w/English subtitles) at Seven Bridges
- Marudhu (Tamil), Valleem Thetti Pulleem Thetti (Malayalam), and Jacobinte Swargarajyam (Malayalam) at MovieMax