Another Bollywood biopic comes to Chicago area theaters on May 20, 2016. In Sarbjit, Randeep Hooda plays an Indian farmer imprisoned for accidentally crossing the border into Pakistan. The story is told from the perspective of the main character’s sister, played by Aishwarya Rai Bachchan.
Other Indian movies showing in the Chicago area this weekend:
- Brahmotsavam (Telugu) at MovieMax, Muvico Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge, and Carmike Lansing Cinema 8 in Lansing
- 24 (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Seven Bridges, and Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- 24 (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax and Stratford Square
- U Turn (Kannada w/English subtitles) at Seven Bridges
- Marudhu (Tamil), Valleem Thetti Pulleem Thetti (Malayalam), and Jacobinte Swargarajyam (Malayalam) at MovieMax