I don’t know why Ujda Chaman — the Hindi remake of the Kannada film Ondu Motteya Kathe (which is on Netflix) — is opening in Chicago area theaters on November 1, 2019. Housefull 4 ate Saand Ki Aankh‘s and Made in China‘s lunch last weekend. This isn’t going to go well.
Ujda Chaman opens Friday at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, and AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington. It has a listed runtime of 2 hours and heads to Amazon Prime when its theatrical run ends.
Housefull 4 continues to dominate the local market, carrying over at the River East 21, MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Regal Round Lake Beach in Round Lake Beach, Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Regal Cantera in Warrenville, Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge, and AMC Woodridge 18 in Woodridge.
Saand Ki Aankh gets a second week at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Woodridge 18, and Cantera, which is the only theater holding over War.
Made in China sticks around at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24.
Other Indian movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Meeku Maathrame Cheptha (Telugu) at MovieMax, Seven Bridges, and Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- Daaka (Punjabi) at the South Barrington 24 and Stratford Square
- Bigil (Tamil) at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, Stratford Square, Seven Bridges, and Marcus Gurnee Mills Cinema in Gurnee
- Kaithi (Tamil) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Jallikattu (Malayalam) and Kaidhi (Telugu) at MovieMax