The romantic comedy Jabariya Jodi (“Forced Couple“) — starring Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeti Chopra — hits Chicago area theaters on August 9, 2019.
Jabariya Jodi opens Friday at MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, and Regal Cantera in Warrenville. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 5 min.
Judgementall Hai Kya carries over at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24, which also holds over Super 30.
Last weekend‘s new release — Khandaani Shafakhana — is out of local theaters after one week.
Other Indian and Pakistani movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Nerkonda Paarvai (Tamil) at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Manmadhudu 2 (Telugu) at MovieMax, Seven Bridges, and Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park
- Parey Hut Love (Urdu) at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Cantera
- Superstar (Urdu) at Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- Kalki (Malayalam), Kolaiyuthir Kaalam (Tamil), Thanneer Mathan Dinangal (Malayalam), Kathanam (Telugu), Kurukshetra (Kannada), Kobbari Matta (Telugu), Rakshasudu (Telugu), Jackpot (Tamil), and Sathyam Paranja Viswasikkuvo (Malayalam) at MovieMax
Unfortunately, none of the theaters in my town are getting Jabariya Jodi. Odd since we get a fair amount of films. I hope it will show up on Netflix or Prime. We, daughter, husband, and I, did go see “Dora and the Lost City of Gold” last night. The last number sure looked Bollywood inspired to us! So, it may be going more mainstream even if people don’t know where the style came from.
Oh, that sounds fun! Sorry about Jabariya Jodi. Unfortunately, Zee5 has its streaming rights, and we can’t get that service in the US. 🙁