Malaal — a remake of the 2004 Tamil romantic comedy 7G Rainbow Colony — is the only new Hindi film releasing in the Chicago area on July 5, 2019. It stars newcomers Sharmin Segal and Meezaan Jaffrey and opens Friday at MovieMax Cinemas in Niles.
Article 15 carries over for a second week at MovieMax, AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington, and Regal Cantera in Warrenville. All three theaters hold over Kabir Singh, as do the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, AMC Rosemont 18 in Rosemont, and AMC Naperville 16 in Naperville.
Other Indian and Pakistani movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend (all films have English subtitles):
- Oh Baby (Telugu) at MovieMax, Century 16 Deer Park in Deer Park, and Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge
- Brochevaruevarura (Telugu) at MovieMax and Seven Bridges
- Baaji (Urdu) at MovieMax and South Barrington 24
- Shadaa (Punjabi) at Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- Kakshi: Amminippilla (Malayalam), Thottappan (Malayalam), Raatchasi (Tamil), Agent Sai Srinivasa Athreya (Telugu), Kalki (Telugu), Sindhubaadh (Tamil), and Unda (Malayalam) at MovieMax