Two new releases hit Chicago area theaters on August 15, 2018, in honor of Indian Independence Day. The wider release of the two is Gold, starring Akshay Kumar in the story of India’s first Olympic gold medal victory in 1948. The movie features Amit Sadh, Kunal Kapoor, and Farhan Akhtar in supporting roles and is directed by Talaash‘s Reema Kagti.
Gold opens on Wednesday at the AMC River East 21 in Chicago, MovieMax Cinemas in Niles, AMC Showplace Niles 12 in Niles (in IMAX 2D), AMC South Barrington 24 in South Barrington (in IMAX 2D), Marcus Addison Cinema in Addison, Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale, Regal Cantera Stadium 17 in Warrenville, and AMC Showplace Naperville 16 in Naperville. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 31 min.
Also new for the holiday is the action thriller Satyameva Jayate, starring John Abraham and Manoj Bajpayee. Satyameva Jayate opens Wednesday at MovieMax and the South Barrington 24. It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 22 min.
Fanney Khan gets at third week at the South Barrington 24, while Mulk and Dhadak carry over in limited showings at MovieMax.
Other Indian movies showing in Chicago area theaters this weekend:
- Geetha Govindam (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, Stratford Square, Cantera 17, Cinemark at Seven Bridges in Woodridge, and Marcus Chicago Heights Cinema in Chicago Heights
- Goodachari (Telugu w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, Marcus Addison, and Seven Bridges
- Vishwaroopam 2 (Tamil w/English subtitles) at MovieMax, South Barrington 24, and Seven Bridges
- Srinivasa Kalyanam (Telugu w/English subtitles) at Stratford Square
- Kolamavu Kokila (Tamil), Coco (Telugu), Oru Pazhaya Bomb Kadha (Malayalam), Mr & Mrs 420 Returns (Punjabi), Pyaar Prema Kaadhal (Tamil), and Koode (Malayalam) at MovieMax