There’s one new Hindi movie opening in the Chicago area this weekend, and it’s a big one. Hrithik Roshan stars in Kites as a man on the run with his beloved (Barbara Mori), a journey that takes them from Las Vegas to Mexico. The original Hindi version of the movie opens this weekend, with a shorter English version called Kites: The Remix opening on May 28.
Kites opens on Friday, May 21 at nine theaters in the Chicago area (click here for a list of all U.S. theaters showing Kites):
- Cinemark Century Stratford Square in Bloomingdale
- AMC Loews Pipers Alley 4 in Chicago
- AMC Randhurst 16 in Mount Prospect
- Big Cinemas Golf Glen 5 in Niles
- Cinemark Tinseltown USA in North Aurora
- AMC Loews Streets of Woodfield 20 in Schaumburg
- AMC South Barrington 30 in South Barrington
- AMC Cantera 30 in Warrenville
- Cinemark Seven Bridges in Woodridge
It has a listed runtime of 2 hrs. 10 min.
The other Indian movies playing in the Chicago area this weekend are all in Telugu. Andari Bandhuvaya and Rama Rama Krishna Krishna are showing at the Golf Glen 5, and Sathyam Cinemas in Downers Grove has Darling and Simha.